Well potty training didn't go well.
After her shower we put on the Dora panties and with in 30 mins she had pooped and peed in two pair of pants been showered 3 times and we determined she wasn't ready. Luckily we never even made it out of the bathroom. I thought maybe after the poop she would get the concept, but the pee on the floor indicated she didn't.
So I am seeking advice...
How do you know they are ready? I don't want to force her, but I do want to give her a gentle push.
Any ideas on how to drive home the idea that you need to tell us before you have to g so we can put you on the potty.
And seriously any other tips (or tricks) anyone has. I'll listen to it all.
Thanks!
15 years ago
3 comments:
Ha ha that post was so funny. Seriously - been there, done that. You can poke and prod them all you want, but until they're ready, and believe me they'll let you know, there's really nothing you can do except for keep on changing the messy pants. It is great that she's trying to go at school, that is a huge leap in the right direction.
We just got our 2 year old out of diapers.
She first had to learn that she could make herself go to the bathroom when she wanted to, not when she needed to.
We spent weekends putting her on the potty every half hour. If she did anything, she got a piece of candy (1 smartie for going #1, two smarties for #2).
The frequent trips on the pot helped prevent accidents. She learned to make herself go while sitting on the potty. It took a couple of weeks to get to the stage that she could tell me when she needed to go.
Keep trying! It takes time, but it happens!
Oh wow, potty training definitely isn't fun. I have barely started with the girls. I ask them if they want to sit on the potty and if they say yes, then they sit. I am not being too aggressive yet. If you find something that works, please let me know.
Post a Comment